British Columbia Hospitality Insurance
Running a business in the hospitality industry, whether it is a bar, a hotel, a motel or a restaurant, means making a lot of big decisions. While working
in this industry is definitely rewarding, it is also full of risks. There are several things that you can do in order to increase your chances of success.
However, the most important consideration that you have as the owner of a hospitality business is protecting your investment and all your assets with
proper insurance coverage.
Liability Coverage for the Hospitality Industry
There are a number of different liability risks that the owners of hospitality businesses have to face. With sufficient liability insurance, it is possible
to maintain the financial stability of your business. Some of the liability coverage options that are available with most hotel, motel, restaurant and bar
insurance policies include:
· Commercial Automobile Liability – Some hotels and motels have shuttle or limousine services available and some restaurants offer delivery service. If
your business owns vehicles that transports guests, employees or goods, you will need this type of liability coverage.
- Cyber Liability – If your company computers and data management system becomes breached, criminals may have access to the personal information of your
customers. In such cases, you will be liable for offering credit protection services and you could even be faced with some harsh penalties. This type of
liability insurance will protect you against any losses related to the Internet.
- Employment Practices Liability – With this type of liability insurance, you will be protected from losses that are related to lawsuits that are brought
against your hospitality business by disgruntled employees.
- Food-borne Illness Liability – Restaurants, room service or a bar that serves food is at risk of serving food that is contaminated with salmonella, E.
coli or a number of other impurities. With this type of liability coverage, you will have the financial support that you need to pay for the related
medical bills, punitive damages and clean up expenses.
- General Liability – This type of coverage will protect your hospitality business from property damage or injuries that guests sustain while on your
- Liquor Liability – Hospitality and liquor seem to go hand in hand. Whether you have a hotel that offers alcoholic beverages with room services or at the
hotel bar, if your restaurant serves drinks or if you own a full-fledged bar, you will need this type of liability. You will be protected against any
injuries or property damage caused by an intoxicated guest or customer.
- Premises Pollution Liability – If your business is contaminated by mold spores or any other type of airborne pollutant that could cause illness, you
could find yourself facing liability claims. This type of coverage will help with punitive damages, clean up and medical expenses.
All businesses in the hospitality industry, including bars, restaurants, motels and hotels encounter many risks that may result in financial hardship or
even bankruptcy. It is important to be prepared for any situation. High profile lawsuits plague the hospitality industry every year. Make sure you are
protected with the right hotel insurance or motel insurance policy.
Additional Coverage Options to Consider
In addition to liability coverage, a hospitality business owner should consider including the following insurance types in your hotel, bar, restaurant or
motel insurance policy:
Hospitality insurance is specific business insurance that is customized to meet the unique needs of the industry. Several different coverage options are
available from Fairway Insurance Services can help you build a policy that is appropriate to meet the coverage
requirements of your business.
The different types of businesses in the hospitality industry have slightly different insurance needs. Each business has its own types of customers that
they cater to and amenities that they offer. Whether you need hotel insurance, motel insurance, restaurant insurance or bar insurance, Fairway Insurance Services Inc. in Digby, NS will be able to provide you with an insurance policy that is designed specifically for your type
of hospitality business.
Do not wait until it is too late to wonder if you have the right coverage. Put you mind at ease now by clicking on the quote request button. You will
quickly be connected with insurance experts who are dedicated to providing you with excellent customer service and affordable coverage options to protect
your hospitality business. The peace of mind that comes with adequate coverage is well worth the cost of the premium that you pay.