Going green is easier than you think. You can do your part just by changing your daily habits. There are simple things you can do each day to help reduce greenhouse gases and help protect the environment. Here are 5 easy tips that you can use to help make a difference and save the planet.
1. Recycle – recycling is one of the easiest ways to help save the planet! It’s as simple as putting a can of soup or a piece of paper in a separate bin than your regular waste. Be sure to separate your recycling into glass, paper, plastic etc.
2. Turn things off when you’re done using them – turn off the lights when you leave a room, unplug the toaster once you’re done with it, or unplug your phone charger from the wall once you’re completely charged. Simple things like that make a huge difference on the environment.
3. Be cautious of how much water you use – turn the tap off when you’re brushing your teeth, wash your clothes in cold water instead of hot, try to take showers instead of baths, and only run the dishwasher once it’s completely full. Being cautious of your water consumption goes a long way.
4. Dry your clothes on a clothesline – if weather permits, hanging your clothes out to dry on a clothesline instead of using the dryer is a great way to help conserve energy. Dryers are among the biggest energy users in most households, after the refrigerator and air conditioner, so put your clothes outside and allow them to smell fresh and save the environment at the same time.
5. Avoid using your car if you don’t need it – walk or ride your bike anywhere you can, it will help reduce greenhouse gases. If you can’t walk or bike, try carpooling. Eliminating the amount of cars on the road makes a difference for the environment.