Is Your Wood Burning Unit Installed Correctly?

Written by on 1/29/2018 9:09 AM in , , , , , , , . It has 0 Comments.

Does your insurance company require you to have your wood device installed or inspected by a WETT professional?

WETT, which stands for Wood Energy Technology Transfer, is a non-profit training and education association managed by a volunteer Board of Directors elected by holders of valid WETT certificates. In order to become WETT certified, one must take various courses and training sessions and pass with the required grade.

A WETT certified professional can verify that your unit is installed to the required specifications, minimize danger, advise and correct any changes that may be required and fulfill insurance company requirements.

Would you like to ensure that your wood device is installed properly?

Even if your insurance does not require a WETT inspection, you should have it completed for your own safety! They will inspect wood burning devices to ensure they are installed correctly and they are functioning properly. Incorrect installations and broken/worn out parts can cause house fires and carbon monoxide poisoning. Get peace of mind for you and your family by having a WETT inspection. It could save you and your loved ones.

You can visit to find a WETT professional in your area. It is important to ask them if they are WETT certified and how much they charge.  

If you have any questions about your home insurance please do not hesitate to contact me at or 1-888-245-4741 or check out our home insurance page at 

Michelle Winchester
Insurance Broker

Comments are closed for this post, but if you have spotted an error or have additional info that you think should be in this post, feel free to contact us.