Is Your Wood Burning Unit Installed Properly?

Written by on 12/6/2016 4:45 AM in , , , , , , , . It has 0 Comments.

Does your insurance company require you to have your wood device installed or inspected by a WETT professional?

Would you like to ensure that your wood device is installed properly?

WETT, which stands for Wood Energy Technology Transfer, is a non-profit training and education association managed by a volunteer Board of Directors elected by holders of valid WETT certificates. In order to become WETT certified, one must take various courses and training sessions and pass with the required grade.

A WETT certified professional can verify that your unit is installed to the required specifications, minimize danger, advise and correct any changes that may be required and fulfill insurance company requirements.

You can visit to find a WETT professional in your area. It is important to ask them if they are WETT certified and how much they charge.  

If you have any questions about your home insurance please do not hesitate to contact me at or 1-888-245-4741 or check out our home insurance page at 

Michelle Winchester
Personal Lines Insurance Broker

Comments are closed for this post, but if you have spotted an error or have additional info that you think should be in this post, feel free to contact us.