Tired of Winter? Planning a Trip? Here are some important things to know before you go!!
- Your house needs to be checked on DAILY during the heating season. Please remember to arrange for a reliable person to check on your house every day. The frequency may change if you drain your water etc. Please contact your insurance broker for more details.
- Arrange to have someone clean your driveway and walkways and also to pick up your mail. This will make it seem like you are still home and will hopefully deter those pesky burglars.
- Ensure that you have adequate coverage to protect you while you are away.
- Medical costs in other countries can be astronomical. Be certain that you have medical insurance to cover you while you are away. Also note how the reimbursement works with your insurance.
- If you are planning to drive your vehicle while away confirm with your insurance broker that it is covered. If you are travelling to the United States, your existing policy will cover you while you are there, however if you continue on and drive to Mexico you will need to purchase additional coverage. You should also consider increasing your liability limit to a minimum of 2 Million if you are travelling in the United States.
If you are uncertain about whether you have adequate coverage or you are interested in further protecting your assets, as well as yourself, please give us a call today @ 1-888-245-4741. At Fairway Insurance, We’ve Got You Covered!