With Hurricane Dorian heading our way over the weekend, now’s the time to start preparing around your home and business. To make this a little easier, here are our top 10 things to do to prepare:
1) Tie down or bring inside your patio furniture or anything loose around your home
2) Trim dead branches and cut down dead trees to reduce the danger of these falling onto your house.
3) Make sure downspouts are clear of debris and direct water away from your home.
4) Fill your vehicle with gas
5) Fill your propane tank for your bbq or have a spare in case you need it to cook food.
6) Be prepared for power outages with sufficient food, water and medications.
• Water, one gallon of water per person, per day, for at least three days. (for drinking and sanitation)